[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe Community Forum

You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

The Dawn Of Awakening: V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Concept Statement from 1980

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter H. Rosen on November 29, 1998 at 23:02:19:

In Reply to: THE BEGINNINGS OF V.A.R.I.O.U.S. - A Personal Story posted by Peter H. Rosen on November 29, 1998 at 22:47:44:

V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media Ink
1809 S. Westmoreland Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90006
(213) 731-3694

AUGUST 1980 Concept Statement

THE IDEA FOR V.A.R.I.O.U.S. MEDIA INK CAME AS A RESULT OF HAVING THE OPPORTUNITY (WHILE PHOTOGRAPHING FOR THE GARDEN THEATRE FESTIVAL) OF SEEING MY SLIDES ON A LARGE THEATRE SCREEN. I WAS MINDBLOWN AT THE IMPACT OF MY GREATLY ENLARGED IMAGES AND NOW, TWO YEARS LATER, THAT MEMORY HAS POPPED UP TO BE THE SEED FOR AN ORGANIZATION TO FILL A NEED IN THE ARTISTIC C0MMUNITY.

VISUAL ARTISTS RESOURCES INCLUDING OTHER UNIQUE SERVICES WILI BE . . . .A CENTER TO SERVE THE ARTIST OR WOULD-BE ARTISTS IN ALL OF US, PROVIDING A 24-HOUR (FREE FOR MEMBERSHIP) LARGE SCREENED PROJECTION FACILITY (FOR SLIDES, FILM, VIDEO, OR LUMIERRE) SITUATED SO THOSE UNDERNEATH THE PROJECTION AREA, SITTING AT TABLES, OR RELAXING IN THE COUCHED READING AREA (THE CENTER WILL CONTAIN COMPREHENSIVE REFERENCE MATERIALS), COULD AT ANY TIME LOOK UP TO
VIEW ANY SCREEN ACTIVITY.

THE CENTER WOULD BE A PLACE WHERE AT ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT, IF THE ARTIST DOES WANT TO BE WITH PEOPLE, HE WOULD HAVE A PLACE TO GO WHERE HE (OR SHE OF COURSE) COULD FIND PEOPLE OF SIMILAR IDEOLOGIES AND MODALITIES OF LIFE: A PLACE THAT WOULD STIMULATE THE CROSS FERTILIZATION OF IDEAS FOR THE MUTUAL NURTURING OF CREATIVE GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.

BY KEEPING CLOSE CONTACT WITH THE MANY ALREADY EXISTING ARTISTS' ORGAINIZATIONS, V.A.R.I.O.U.S. MEDIA WILL BE A ONE-STOP SOURCE OF HELP FOR THOSE AT ALL LEVELS OF THEIR ARTISTIC DEVELOPMENT. WITH AN OPEN-DOOR POLICY COMMITTED TO ANSWERING QUESTIONS AND STEERING PEOPLE TO THOSE WHO COULD HELP THEM THE MOST, V.A.R.I.O.U.S. MEDIA WOULD PROVIDE A SOURCE OF INCOME TO ARTISTS AND TO THOSE WHO PERHAPS DON'T THINK OF THEMSELVES AS ARTISTS; BUT NONETHELESS MIGHT HAVE CREATED A WONDERFUL IMAGE, GATHERING DUST WHEN IT COULD BE OUT IN THE MARKETPLACE AS A SUPPLENTAL SOURCE OF INCOME .

Page 2

THE FUTURE IS HERE . . . . ONE OF THE MAIN PURPOSES OF V.A.R.I.O.U.S MEDIA WILL BE TO LIST VISUAL IMAGES IN A COMPUTER MEMORY BANK AND MAKE THE MEMORIES AVAILABLE TO VISUAL ART USERS INTERNATIONALLY . . . . ADVERTISING AGENCIES, BOOK PUBLISHERS, ANYONE USING VISUAL ART COULD ACCESS THE COMPUTER AND CALL UP FILES OF IMAGES. WHEN THEY FOUND THE PARTICULAR IMAGE OR ARTIST WHOSE STYLE IS WHAT THEY'RE LOOKING FOR, THEY WOULD GET IN TOUCH WITH THE ARTIST DIRECTLY TO ACQUIRE THE ORIGINAL FOR REPRODUCTION OR COMMISSION A NEW WORK BY AN ARTIST WHOSE STYLE MATCHES THE ART DIRECTOR'S CONCEPT; A LISTING MIGHT LOOK LIKE THIS:

A LAKE WITH A SINGLE MOORED ROWBOAT WITH STANDING VICTORIAN WOMAN...PARASOL IN HAND.

watercolor wash A13W,
oil A11
pen & ink P1967B
computer graphic 411CG

THE NUMBERS BEING MEMORY LOCATIONS CROSS-INDEXED BY ARTIST, STYLE, AND OVERALL COLOR IN ADDITION TO MOOD AND SUBJECT MATTER.

THERE WILL BE FREQUENT HAPPENINGS WHERE THE PUBLIC WILL BE INVITED TO ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE AT SCREENINGS IN LOCAL MOVIE THEATRES. THESE EVENTS WILL HAVE AN INFORMAL ATMOSPHERE WITH WINE AND CHEESE; THE PUBLIC WILL BE ENCOURAGED TO MEET AND MINGLE WITH THE ARTISTS AND EACH OTHER.

THE SCREENINGS WILL BE AUDIO-VISUAL PRESENTATIONS PRESENTED BY ARTISTS WHOSE WORK WOULD TEND TO INSPIRE AND EDUCATE . . . . . COMMUNICATING HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS AND AWAKENING AWARENESS OF WAYS TO BENEFIT EACH OTHER AND OUR AILING PLANET (SHOWS WOULD ALSO BE PUT TOGETHER FOR PURE ENTERTAINMENT TO APPEAL TO A BROADER AUDIENCE).

THESE ARE THE GOALS AND IDEALS TOWARD WHICH WE ARE WORKING, AND YOU CAIN BE A PART OF IT! RIGHT NOW, THE SCREENINGS ARE OPEN TO ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE THE THRILL OF SEEING THEIR IMAGES GREATLY ENLARGED. THE FUTURE IS HERE, LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER TO MAKE SURE IT COMES OUT THE WAY WE WANT IT!

PEACE ON EARTH IS NOT JUST A DREAM, WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. IT'S GONNA TAKE A LOTTA LOVE AND SOME HARD WORK . . , . BUT WE CAN DO IT! ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page